With the publics burgeoning desire for aesthetic and anti-aging treatments, comes an identical number of providers eager to fill those needs. In days gone by, patients choose their cosmetic doctors primarily by word-of-mouth. Doctor reputations were earned by results and longevity used. While this still has significant importance today, the actual usage of of paper and visual media and in particular the internet, has enabled a doctor to shape his credibility and reputation way ahead of what years of experience could similarly do. Such digital and electronic exposure can be extremely helpful or might possibly be potentially deceiving to prospective patients.
Beyond the glitzy advertisements, well-crafted websites, and free seminars with wine and food, what are some helpful criteria that can guide patients on whom to trust to undergo the cosmetic knife, needle, or laser? Many for this most basic criteria are known and have been published many times elsewhere. Evaluating training, education, and board-certification are absolute basics and you are relatively easy to distinguish. Of this group, the fundamental question is.are you board-certified.and in what specialty? Once past these basics, however, the next confidence level can only be gained in an actual consultation. Someone’s website can get you to the consultation chair, but what you learn you will find more informative than any brochure if you know what to look and listen for. I would focus on these issues:
1) Did the consultation feel like an educational experience or a sales presentation?
2) Where treatment options presented and examined.or was only one treatment approach
3) Was time given to answer all your concerns.and a way to respond to questions that may
4) Were actual before and after procedure photos filmed by the doctor in order to seeing shown toned man walking method to view them provided?
5) Was dealing with actual patients whom have had the procedures offered as an option? Were
these patients whom have had surgery had it in the past three months so that their memories are high-quality?
6) Finally, once home, did my doctor and his office feel right? Did the consultation provide you
feel more comfortable and secure in choice?
In the end, an emotional connection and even a sense of security is the final layer in the choices process to get built on a foundation of the doctor’s education, training and certifications.
SKIN CLUB – COSMETIC DOCTORS
150A Chapel St, Windsor VIC 3000, Australia
+61 3 9999 7368